I'm trying to learn more about the neo burlesque movement, are there any books you would recommend?

There are a few. Michelle Baldwin's Burlesque and the New Bump N Grind is a book I would be honored to consider a companion piece to my own book. Dita Von Teese's book, Burlesque and the Art of the Teese, is a fantastic resource for understanding glamourous showgirl burlesque for our times. The Velvet Hammer by Michelle Carr is spectacular, and Chris Blakeley's book Tassels and Emerald's will give you a great sense of why I think Seattle's burlesque scene is one of the most beautiful in the world.

I also recommend videos. The Velvet Hammer DVD from itsachick.com and A Wink and a Smile on netflix are both amazing. Gary Beeber's Dirty Martini and the New Burlesque is intensely gratifying and gorgeous, and Immodesty Blaize's Burlesque Undressed is uber glam.

You should be able to find these on amazon.com, ebay.com, and google.com!

Other folks, feel free to make recommendations. I always accidentally leave out something I love!

See the trailer for Dirty Martini and the New Burlesque:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31o0RHQ7cvs

And don't forget--the French film Tournee, about burlesque performers on tour and featuring Dirty Martini, Roky Roulette, and Julie Atlas Muz, among others, just won Mathieu Amalric Best Director at Cannes!

Ask me anything about Burlesque!

Comments

This is a good post; I stumbled across your post while looking for internet marketing method. Thanks for sharing; I'll be sure to return regularly. I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche