Ricci Cortez Passes

Ricci Cortez blew everybody away at the 2005 MEW gathering when she got up on stage for an unplanned striptease. She did the daintiest walk around the perimeter of the stage and then would stop, pose in front of someone, and aim a darling smutty little move at them. Just a couple of weeks ago Indigo Blue and I were conducting a retreat in Washington State, and we showed the video from that night to the attendees, most of whom had never been to Exotic World. They each had very different approaches to performing, but every one of them loved the video.

I don't know how to post that video, unfortunately.

I haven't had time to do a proper post in weeks, and I still don't feel I have time to really give Ricci the honor she deserves, but I had to mention her passing.

Click here to read Laura Herbert's remembrance of her.

Dr. Kay's remembrance.

Sparkly Devil's remembrance.



Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of The New York School of Burlesque, for burlesquedaily.blogspot.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche