I'm a beginner and I have this idea for a number where I'd select a victim from the audience to sit in a chair on the stage, so I could center my dance around them, flirt with them, etc. I'm not sure how that would go over.

Many many performers do this, or some version of this. When it doesn't work it's because the performer is ignoring the audience; you're not on film with multiple cameras showing all your angles and expressions, you're on stage, and you have to think about what the viewer can see. Also, if you're a beginner, pulling a stranger from the audience...well...strangers aren't all on your side, that's all I'm saying!

Ask me anything about Burlesque!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche