What do you think about burlesque dancers who lip-sync to the song during their acts? Do you think it's too much like a drag show, or do you think it works?

I don't have a preference. I do think, however, that anyone who does it should know that lip-synching is a skill, not something to slop your way through. I am sometimes horrfied by performers mouthing a random lyric or two while doing a number, as if they were talking in their sleep! In his new book, RuPaul recommends that performers not lipsynch unless they've had three years of showgirl experience! (In the interest of full disclosure, I should note that RuPaul and I have the same publisher.)
http://www.amazon.com/Workin-RuPauls-Guide-Liberty-Pursuit/dp/006198583X

Ask me anything about Burlesque!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche