Why Haven't I Been Blogging More Frequently?

As a rule, I don't intend to use this blog as a vehicle for promoting my stuff. I've got a webpage, a myspace, several yahoo groups, a livejournal, and craiglist for all that. This is intended to be a resource for people who like the kind of burlesque I like and are inspired by the things that inspire me, and to foster a sense of community among us. However, I just posted my events update to my email list and I thought it might give a sense of why I've gotten behind on updating this blog. I just had an unusually busy month! But this blog is as important to me as it was when I started, and I intend to continue to interview, photograph, write, and post as my schedule permits.

Tomorrow:
7:30 pm, free reading
Barnes & Noble
396 Sixth Ave., New York, NY 10014
at 8th St. 212-674-8780
Kelly DiNardo reads passages from her biography Gilded Lili: Lili St. Cyr and the Striptease Mystique. Be one of the first to get your hands on this biography of a hugely influential burlesque legend!
I'll be doing a glove peel demo there--and if you've taken my glove and stocking peel class, you know that this is one of my very favorite things to do!

Later Tomorrow:
Animal Crackers! At Galapagos Art Space, 10 pm
A Benefit for the Barc Shelter
I will be doing an incredibly stupid one-off.
All I'm saying is that stripes are involved.
This show is curated by Peekaboo Pointe, Cardio Twirl Teacher, and World Famous *BOB*, Glamour and Confidence Teacher!
Call Galapagos for details. 718.384.4586
http://www.barcshelter.org/
http://www.galapagosartspace.com/directions.html

Tuesday Evening:
Title of Event: Striptease Mystique: Lili St. Cyr
When: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 5:00 PM
Location: The Drama Book Shop, Inc.
250 W. 40th St., Manhattan, NY
Tel: (212) 944-0595
Description: Free Talk and Book Signing with Kelly Dinardo, author of Gilded Lili: Lili St. Cyr and the Striptease Mystique, the life story of the inimitable burlesque queen, Lili St. Cyr.
And me with the gloves again!

Friday:
The Luvely Rae has invited some of the loveliest dames and gents she knows to get down and dirty for one night only at Collective Unconscious. Glitter, water, paint, ice cream, and cake no feather boa will go unsoiled at this sexy dirty burlesque event. I will be making a banana split and doing a split upon it. And that's not even a spoiler.
9:30pm Collective Unconsious
279 Church St. NYC. 10013
$15 general, $12 students
http://spicevarietyshow.squarespace.com/dirtyluv/

Saturday
In Philadelphia--Details on the Way

Sunday:
The New York School of Burlesque Opens at the Slipper Room!
We've been planning for months and are thrilled to finally begin our unique union of school and performance space. Classes will take place in a one-of-kind setting in the Gem of the Lower East Side! The Slipper has been presenting burlesque shows for almost a decade and houses New York's longest-running burlesque show on Saturday nights. 3-4 pm: Costumes and Choreography: You've got to put it on if you want to take it off! In burlesque, your costume IS your choreography. Learn how to make the most of every costume element, how make your outfits eye-popping, how to use decorations to emphasize your moves, how to make your pieces break away, and how and where to shop. 4-5 pm Gorgeous Movement continues! I've been working for about a year to develop a class that incorporates some basic burlesque moves into easily-learned combinations that emphasize and encourage control and inventiveness you need to perform at a high level. This is it!
Details and registration:
http://www.schoolofburlesque.com
Location: The Slipper Room
167 Orchard St. at Stanton, LES
Peekaboo Pointe's burlesque workout and cardio twirl classes will continue every Tuesday at 6:30 pm at 440 Lafayette, as will most evening classes from the School of Burlesque, including World Famous *BOB's upcoming Lash Out, Wig Out makeup and hair workshop on November 12 at 7:30.

Upcoming:
On Wednesday November 7, you can see numbers I choreographed (and maybe a peek of me) on CW-11's Gossip Girl. The numbers feature Angie Pontani, Peekaboo Pointe, Selina Vixen, and Melody Sweets. I even coached one of the stars! I'll be posting pix and the story of the shoot, which was a wonderful, wonderful experience.
November 7, 8, 9, 10, I'll be appearing in Margaret Cho's Sensuous Woman at New York's Zipper Theater. Details to come.
November 11, I'll be presenting a class with a burlesque legend, Candy Caramelo, who performed with both Gypsy Rose Lee and Sally Rand! If you've ever wanted to learn from a burlesque legend in person, this is a rare opportunity to do so! She'll be telling stories about her experiences and teaching a few special walking techniques and hand movement tricks. Details to come.
November 18, Julie Atlas Muz will be teaching a class to optimize stage presence and to improve the composition (the story and narrative) of your numbers. If you want to own the stage, don't miss it.
Saturday November 24, Angie Pontani will be teaching great moves for Go-Go Dancers. Nobody does it better!!!
For details, visit schoolofburlesque.com.
To register, email me at rocknycity@aol.com.


So...that's the result of all my busy-ness over the past couple of months. Whew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche