What affect do you think the film "Burlesque" will have on the burlesque scene?

The burlesque scene with which I'm involved and burlesque in its entirety overlap, but they aren't the same thing. I'm not sure what effect the movie will have on the burlesque community, since we mostly affect each other and our own media. Over the past decade I feel that burlesque as part of cabaret and intimate theater has become less a trend than an actual development in the performing arts; I don't think the movie will change that. I don't think the movie will depict burlesque that much like what we do, but I'm not worried that it will destroy burlesque. I'm happy to have the word "Burlesque" in the media, and I love both Cher and Christina Aguilera!

Ask me anything about Burlesque!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche