Now Available: Thesis, Finding Aid, Digital Exhibit



Hello, everyone!

This is Layne Fargo - you may remember me as the graduate student who's been bugging the kind people on this list for the past year or so with questions for her burlesque-related thesis. Well, my thesis is finally completed, and the finished document (which features quotes from several community members whom I was lucky enough to interview) is available online at this address:

http://www.ohiolink.edu/etd/view.cgi?acc_num=osu1211331939

I completed several other burlesque-themed projects during my final year of graduate study at Ohio State which might be of interest, too. One is a finding aid for the Charles H. McCaghy Collection of Exotic Dance From Burlesque to Clubs (housed at Ohio State's Lawrence & Lee Theatre Research Institute) giving a detailed, searchable listing of the contents of that collection. That can be found in the OhioLink finding aid repository here:

http://ead.ohiolink.edu/xtf-ead/view?docId=ead/xOU-TR0005.xml

I also curated a digital exhibit using materials from the McCaghy Collection, which can be found on the OSU Libraries site here:

http://library.osu.edu/sites/exhibits/burlesque/

If anyone has questions about any of these projects, I'm more than happy to answer them. A big thank you to everyone on this list for all the help you've given me over the course of my graduate studies. I had a wonderful time researching burlesque and getting a small glimpse into your fantastic world!

~Layne Fargo

Layne originally posted this in The Miss Exotic World Yahoo Group.

Layne Fargo
Above: Continuing Education Stipend winner Emily Layne Fargo. Photo Courtesy Emily Layne Fargo.

Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of The New York School of Burlesque, for burlesquedaily.blogspot.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls in Giant Champagne Glasses

How to Get Started as a Performer in Burlesque

Tami Roche